Kieren in front of poster at 2023 TRU Undergraduate Research Conference.

Engaging in Knowledge Mobilization

I have presented my work in talks and at several conferences. These were great for communicating my work to others in the field and getting feedback on it. This is one of my favourite parts of the research process, and it has been a valuable experience every time I have done it. I have uploaded several of my conference posters and the slides for a talk to demonstrate that I have met this requirement.

K. O’Neil, ‘Feature Selection for Disease Classification’ SHAD TRU invited speaker, July 25, 2023 (Supervisor: Dr. Mohamed Tawhid). Presentation given to the TRU SHAD program 2023 high school students as part of their seminar series from TRU faculty and students.

K. O’Neil, ‘A comparison of swarm intelligence algorithms for thermodynamics optimization problems’ American Physical Society Northwest Section Meeting, June 3-4, 2022, TRU Kamloops BC, poster presentation (Supervisor Dr. Mohamed Tawhid).

K. O’Neil, ‘Swarm algorithms for feature selection problems based on medical datasets’ TRU Undergraduate Research Conference, March 20-24, 2023, poster presentation (Supervisor: Dr. Mohamed Tawhid, https://libguides.tru.ca/u rc2023).

K. O’Neil, ‘Studying Solar Cells with SEM: Assumptions and Lessons Learned’ TRU Science Undergraduate Poster Exhibition of Research, April 6, 2023, poster presentation (Supervisors: Dr. Anusha Venkataraman, & Dr. Nancy Van Wagoner).

CENG 3010 Digital Systems Design, Final presentation, in class presentation, November 18, 2021.